Beauty - New Skincare Winter Faves



Since we (finally!) seem to be reaching the end of January, I thought i'd just do a short run through of the products I have been reaching for the most this month.

My skincare routine in winter always steps up a notch and this year is no exception, the switches between the freezing winds, central heating and air conditioning all mean dehydration and dryness can really become an issue in the winter months. Also excessive heat and cold are common triggers of sensitive skin like mine, so in order to address this I decided to switch up some of the products i'm using for more winter friendly formulations.



So i've added in a few products I wouldn't normally use - usually the basics of my skincare routine equate to rinse off cleansing wash, eye make up remover, cleansing balm, moisturising serum and eye cream. This is the basis of my routine but i'll in some extras for those days my skin needs more moisture, un-clogging or exfoliating (basically when I look in the mirror in actual daylight and think, ugh!).

Origins Natural Skincare 

A brand I haven't tried before (which is a shocker because I've always meant to) is Origins, high performance natural skincare. What attracted me to the brand was the fact all products are formulated with 100% organic ingredients, and 100% natural essential oils - so no parabens or other nasties.



I bought the 'High Potency Night-A-Mins' Mineral Enriched Renewal Cream promises renewed and refreshed skin with a system of time release re surfacers plus vitamins C, E and H. And I have to say I love it. Quite thick in consistency, it feels almost like an overnight mask, so even in dry weeks I would tend to alternate this every other day with the lighter Vichy moisturising serum. The smallest amount goes a long way (justifying the £35 price tag!) and this really did feel like a nice long drink for my slightly parched skin. The only thing to note is that this is a regenerating/exfoliating cream, so might be one to test first if you have super sensitive skin.

The other Origins product I'd heard great things about was the Eye Doctor, Moisture care for skin around the eyes. I've always been very conscious of ensuring I apply an eye cream every night as the skin around eyes is the thinnest on your face, and therefore the first place you are going to see - dun dun dun-  the dreaded lines! Switching up from my usual Kiehls Avocado Eye Cream, the fresh cucumber and slight rosemary scent along with the fact it sinks in really easily meant this was a dream to use. Although this doesn't have any fancy anti- ageing technology, if your looking for a top hydrating eye cream then this perfect.

Vichy 

I've always had sensitive skin, so I'm constantly on the lookout for new products aimed at us sensitive types. With this is mind, I absolutely LOVE the new Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Serum. Claiming to 'intensely hydrate and fortify sensitive skin' I was sceptical due to its serum formulation (Can it really hold that much moisture if it isn't a thick cream?!) - but it really does! I always look for products with hyaluronic acid around this time of year because the magic of this ingredient lies in its ability to retain moisture, an absolute must for winter. I loved this, it wont be enough for very dry skin (maybe layer another moisturiser onto dry areas) but it's gentle on my skin and deeply hydrates all day long.



Vichy Idelia Skin Sleep  is another favourite of mine, I've had great results from the Idealia range, (I am absolutely uhhhb-sessed with the Idealia life serum but that deserves a post all of its own) and this moisturiser is no exception. After applying this before bed with a relaxing massage technique, my skin feels totally hydrated and I wake with smoother, firmer skin. I also love the subtly sweet scent of Jasmine and Green tea, to promote relaxation.

Elemis Cellular Recovery Skin Bliss Capsules

I have used Elemis products for years and  I will be posting an in depth brand focus next month. In the meantime these Skin Bliss Capsules are amazing, the rose capsules are for day and the green, lavender capsules are for use at night. I use these under a heavier moisturiser in winter, the essential oils provide a wonderful therapeutic effect that really lift the spirits!

Jo Malone Cologne

And lastly my scent of choice this month has been Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia - usually I lean towards the heavier scents in winter (Pomegranate Noir is always a favourite) but I just wanted something a bit lighter and uplifting during these dark months!


Shoppable links:







Have you tried any new brands or products for winter? How do you switch up your skincare routine?

J x

Post a Comment